Welcome to this week’s Weekly Writing Wrap-up. Spring is here and with it finally, comes success. What do I mean by success? You may be thinking am about to announce I signed an agent or a book deal. That would be amazing, but since the only book I have remotely close to being publishable is Draft 2 of Seeing Through the Veil, I am going to say no. What I mean is, I am starting to find that groove or sweet spot of writing and developing. Let’s break this up into the two parts, starting with writing.

This week, I wrote 3 days. Yeah, baby! Three days.

I know that might not seem like much, especially since at the end of writing draft two of Seeing Through the Veil, I was writing seven days. However, writing more than one day a week on Pyre book one of Forbidden Realm Trilogy is a great thing. It would have been four, but I got distracted Friday and Saturday. However, I finished the week out yesterday writing a tough scene. More on that in a minute. I wrote over two thousand and one hundred and some odd words. Forgive me for not

Forgive me for not for not having the exact number, I am sorry, I being lazy. I really don’t feel like opening up my excel sheet to find out. Or Scrivener. I am not hitting the five thousand word count goal for the week, yet. I am slowly getting there, but part of the problem.

A Problem you say! Yes. Since I started the new section I have been writing heavily emotional scenes. I am still feeling out my characters, and this being the first draft, not sure of types of things the characters would be thinking. So, I am repeating a lot of the internal thoughts from other scenes. It’s not a bad thing, but at the same time nowhere am I giving new information on them. My next few scenes are going to start answering some of the questions. Sorta. Hopefully, that will help make it a little easier to write.

The other problem is I am not writing back to back days. Well, two of the three I did. Tuesday and Wednesday. If I recall, Wednesday was the easiest to write. Yesterday was damn hard. That’s why I really need to force myself to write back to back days. If I am only going to get three to four days of writing at this point. I would rather have them back to back to make it easier then spread throughout the week.

The last thing on the writing front, is I am thinking of changing up my sections format. Right now the first few sections are based on my two main POV characters. They are apart, so they have their own sections. However, later when they come together, I am not continuing the POV section. I constantly change between the two and other characters. I may try sprucing up the first few sections by changing the between the two by character or have each chapter. Not sure, I think that will be something I look into after I finish the draft.

Okay moving on to development side. I only got one day of development, unfortunately, but it was a big day. Let’s start with Long Live.

I have mapped out the first section and the three parts in the section for all important characters. I know their story arch for that part. I will say I feel like I gutted a lot of the story from the old outline, but really I know in the end it will be much better. I may try to use what I cut later in the book since I had two Thieves Games. Both different, but I may be able to merge them into one for part three.

I am excited because I have a clear look at everyone’s story broken up by characters. I can see where what characters story will make up the majority of the first section. This is good because the few times I have tried to write this story in the past, I have tried to make all characters part deeper and longer than they may have needed. This week, I will focus on section two and maybe section three. Time will tell.

Moving on to my Superhero Epic, I have transferred over my bullets from the old outline from notebook to computer. I can see all the important parts for the main character, secondary heroes secondary plot points, and the main antagonist. This, of course, is from part two outline. I still have part 3 and part 1 outlines to look at. I didn’t include part one when I broke it down, solely I knew the events in that would be a flashback. Either a scene or two or maybe its own arch later on. Part three is the follow up to the hero after the events and finally defeating the antagonist.

My next step beyond going through those outlines is to write out any new ideas. I have a lot of characters who won’t get their own POV scenes. I need to find other ways to flesh them out as well my main hero’s past. Once I have that, I will look start constructing my arch’s. Then scene lists for each arch. I am looking forward to it.

That’s all I got this week. My goals for this week is to try to write four days. I am not ready to put a penalty on not achieving this, but I think this will be my last week. Also, I want to hit two development days. I don’t care if one day is only Long Live and the other is my Superhero Epic. Just two days of development. I gotta wrap this up, so I can write and have some time to play NHL 17, which I haven’t played in two weeks.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s